Updated Mar 21/2017
Zoom F-Control for F8 and F4 (FRC-8) - $499 - special order
· 1/4" Headphone jack
· USB port for external keyboard connection
· Hands-on input/output control for trim, pan and track arming
· 12-segment LED meters for monitoring channel and output levels
· Dedicated time code buttons
· Track Scene edit buttons: Shortcut commands to Track Name, Scene Increment, Scene Name, Notes and False Take screens
· Power options: 4 x AA batteries, 4-pin HIROSE connector with external battery pack and USB bus power via the F4 (not available with the F8)
· Durable metal chassis
· Hands-On Design, Better Workflow
· This mixer-style controller can be used connected to F4, F8 and other multitrack field recorders
· The faders for 8 tracks and the output enable intuitive volume adjustment
· User-assignable function keys and other shortcut keys provide convenient access to functions
· A USB keyboard can also be connected for easy input of metadata and other text
· Power can be supplied in 3 ways: AA batteries, a 9-16V DC power supply or USB bus power from the recorder (the F8 cannot provide power)
· Compatible with Zoom F8 and F4 MultiTrack Field Recorders
· 9 faders (eight + Master), each 60mm
Mixing Control Surface for the Zoom F8
The Zoom F-Control is an essential piece of gear for everyone who uses an F8 Multitrack Field Recorder. With F-Control, you can have total command of your recording experience. F-Control is a mixing control surface that gives filmmakers more control and flexibility when recording in the field. It works alongside the Zoom F8 to create a complete and professional on-location audio rig.
Maximize Your F8
F-Control works intuitively with the F8 to give you additional mastery over sound design and mixing, as well as broaden your creative possibilities. It connects to your F8 with a single USB cable, so you can keep your setup clutter-free and be ready to record in seconds.
Recording Essentials at Your Fingertips
F-Control makes recording and mixing easy with nine 60 mm faders (eight + Master) and hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, track arming and PFL. Monitoring channel and output levels is simple with 12-segment LED meters, three user-programmable buttons and a dedicated time code button. You can also organize recordings using the Track Scene edit buttons for metadata entry. F-Control gives you the option to connect an external USB keyboard so you can enter information for "Track Name", "Scene Increment", "Scene Name", "Notes" and "False Take."
Connect Your Field Recording Gear
Connect your F8 to F-Control via one of two USB ports. The Keyboard USB port lets you connect an external keyboard so you can quickly enter metadata when you're out in the field. A 1/4" stereo cable connects the F8 headphone out to F-Control's headphone in, so you can monitor audio via F-Control's headphone jack.
Power Anywhere You Go
F-Control has two main power options: four AA batteries (for up to 9 hours of operation)or power it with a 4-pin HIROSE connector with an external battery pack. An additional USB bus power option is available when using the F4 (not available with the F8).
Built For the Toughest Productions
Its metal chassis makes F-Control suitable for all production locations. Plus, the F-Control is small and light enough to fit into your gear bag or backpack, so you can take it on any shoot.
Take Charge of Your Creativity
F-Control takes sound recording and mixing to the next level. Its simple and hands-on design gives you complete authority over your workflow, so you can fully focus on capturing great audio.
Find Zoom recorders here