Updated Aug 23/2017
BLACKMAGIC CINEMA CAMERA
Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera EF Canon Mount - special order - takes under a week
Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera Micro 4/3rds Mount - special order - takes under a week
Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera PL Mount - special order - takes under a week
Body only, lenses not included
Display model available for in-store viewing.
Find Accessories for the Blackmagic Cinema Camera here
Blackmagic Cinema Camera
240GB – 24 Minutes (CinemaDNG Raw 5MB/frame)
480GB – 48 Minutes (CinemaDNG Raw 5MB/frame)
240GB – 145 Minutes (ProRes 422 @ 220MB/s)
480GB – 290 Minutes (ProRes 422 @ 220MB/s)
What's in the Box:
* Blackmagic Cinema Camera
* DaVinci Resolve Grading Software
* Media Express Software
* Blackmagic UltraScope Software
* Detachable Sun Shield
* Camera Strap
* Turret Dust Cap
* 12V AC Adapter
* Blackmagic 1 Year Warranty
Elegant, sophisticated and jam packed with the latest digital cinema
technology, Blackmagic Cinema Camera gives your work that timeless feature
film look! Blackmagic Cinema Camera features an amazing 2.5K image sensor
with a wide 13 stops of dynamic range for a true digital film camera.
You get a built-in SSD recorder, popular open standard uncompressed RAW
and compressed file formats, compatibility with quality EF and ZE mount
lenses, LCD touchscreen monitoring plus metadata entry, all packed into
an exciting hand held design!
Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a high resolution sensor with wide dynamic range so it's perfect for independent film, television commercials and episodic television production. DaVinci Resolve software for Mac and Windows is included so you can work at the highest quality and get the best results. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is both affordable and a complete solution because it includes a built-in recorder and monitoring, so it's perfect for displacing video-only cameras for work such as sporting events, weddings, music videos and more!
* 13 Stop Dynamic Range: Regular video cameras clip video so you are
locked into images that look cheap. Blackmagic Cinema Camera eliminates
this problem as it captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops into
12-bit DNG files, so your images look truly cinematic.
* Detail Preservation: This preserves detail in both shadows and highlights, and even handles indoor shots while keeping the details of any images captured through windows. This means you keep all sensor data so you can make creative decisions during DaVinci Resolve color grading.
* Premium Quality: Building one of the finest cameras in the world requires attention to every detail. Blackmagic Cinema Camera's premium quality design features a machined aluminum chassis, interchangeable optics, high resolution 2.5K sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and 12-bit AW uncompressed and compressed file formats.
* EF Compatible Lens Mount: With Blackmagic Cinema Camera you can use the most amazing optics from the world's leading lens makers such as Canon, Zeiss and many more. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is compatible with EF and ZE mount lenses, so you can use the lenses you already own!
* Versatile Lens Options: With Blackmagic Cinema Camera you are not locked into any specific lens and you can choose the lens you need based on the creative style of your shot! Blackmagic Cinema Camera allows full electronic control of your lens, so you can simply point, set iris and focus on command.
* Metadata Entry: Blackmagic Cinema Camera is the first camera to feature built-in metadata entry so your files include information compatible with popular editing software. This dramatically speeds up the whole post production process! Entering metadata is easy.
* LCD Touchscreen: Simply tap the capacitive LCD touchscreen to display the slate where you can enter information such as shot number, search tags, scene number, timecode and more! You can even set shot number and other data to increment automatically!
* Built-in SSD Recorder: Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a built-in SSD recorder that allows 2.5K uncompressed CinemaDNG RAW 12-bit capture as well as Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHDcompressed video formats.
* Open Standard: All file formats are open standard and used by NLE software so you get the only camera designed from the ground up to be part of a whole post production workflow! When you've finished shooting, simply connect the SSD to your computer and edit or color your shots straight from the disk!
* Premium Quality Design: A stylish machined aluminum design, capped with a smooth rubber front and rear for easy grip, plus a rear facing touchscreen for easy metadata entry.
* Standard Connections: With standard connections there's no need for custom cables! You get ¼? jack audio inputs, 3 Gb/s SDI output and a Thunderbolt port for computer capture!
* Includes DaVinci Resolve: DaVinci Resolve 9.0 software lets you take advantage of Blackmagic Cinema Camera's wide dynamic range images that are perfect for color correction!
* Includes UltraScope: UltraScope gives you technically accurate scopes on any computer connected by Thunderbolt. Get Parade, Waveform, Vectorscope, Histogram and more!
Sensor Resolution 2592 x 2192
Raw Resolution 12-bit RAW files recorded at 2432 x 1366
Shooting Resolutions 2.5K RAW at 2432 x 1366.
ProRes and DNxHD at 1920 x 1080
Frame Rates 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
Sensor Size Actual: 16.64 x 14.04 mm
Active: 15.6 x 8.8 mm
Dynamic Range 13 stops
Focus Focus button turns on peaking
Iris Control Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings so no pixel is clipped
Lens Mount EF and ZE mount compatible with electronic iris control
Screen Size: 5" with 800 x 480 resolution
Type: Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen
Metadata Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords
Controls Onscreen touch menus
Physical buttons for recording and transport control
Microphone Integrated mono microphone
Speaker Integrated mono speaker
Connections SDI Video Output: 1 x 10-bit HD-SDI 4:2:2 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range
Analog Audio Input: 2 x 1/4" TRS balanced phone switchable between microphone and line levels
Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5 mm TRS stereo mini headphone
SDI Audio Output: 4 channels in HD-SDI
Remote Control: 1 x 2.5 mm LANC for Record Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus Control
Computer Interface: Thunderbolt port for capture of RAW video and audio, USB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration
External Power: 12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter
Storage Type: Removable 2.5" SSD
Format: Mac OS Extended format (SSDs can be formatted on any Mac or use Mediafour MacDrive [not included] on a Windows PC)
Rates: 5 MB/frame in RAW 2.5K fits about 30 minutes of 24p video on a 256 GB solid state disk - compressed HD formats fit more than 5 times the amount of RAW video
Uncompressed Recording Format: RAW 2.5K CinemaDNG
Compressed Recording Format: Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. All compressed recording in 1920x1080 10-bit YUV with choice of Film or Video dynamic range
Standards SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M
SDI Audio Sampling: 24-bit/48 kHz
Mounting 3 x 1/4" thread mounting points on top of camera
1 x 1/4" thread tripod mount with locator pin
Power Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery
12~30 VDC port for external battery power or use included 12 VAC adapter
Battery Life: Approximately 90 minutes
Charge Time: Approximately 2 hours when not in use
Weight 3.8 lb (1.7 kg)
Find more Blackmagic Cameras and Accessories here