Updated May 17/13
Sony Wide Fixed Lenses
Sony E 16mm F2.8 - $289 - more in soon
Stylishly designed to match Sony's NEX cameras, the SEL16F28 is an exceptionally portable and versatile lens that's perfect for both photos and video. This bright lens (16mm focal length, f/2.8 maximum aperture) offers a big, 24mm (35mm equivalent) wide angle and 83° field of view for outstanding low-light performance, and smooth, quiet AF (Auto Focus) operation.
Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS SEL35F18
Reg $479 Sale $449 - in stock - ends May 31
E Mount for NEX
Display model for in-store testing.
The Sony 35mm 1.8 (SEL-35F18) High performance and a compact design make the SEL-35F18 an ideal "second lens" that is easy to carry around when capturing the action. It's ideal for a wide variety of photos, including snapshots while strolling, night shots (thanks to the bright maximum aperture) and portraits with superb background/foreground blur.
Sigma 19mm f/2.8 EX DN for Sony NEX-series
$239 - special order - usually takes under 1 week
* Digital Neo (DN) high performance lens designed exclusively for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras
* Ultra compact construction weighing only 4.9 oz and measuring 1.8 inches in length
* Newly developed linear AF motor ensures accurate and quiet autofocusing, making the lens ideal for video recording as well as still photos.
* 7 Year Canadian warranty
Sony DT 35mm f1.8 SAM Lens
$239 - special order
DT lens design optimized for cameras with APS-C sensor light. The lens is compact, lightweight, and easy to carry. Bright, very wide f/1.8 aperture portrait lens, also suitable for low-light shooting and general/snapshot applications. Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) for smooth AF operation. Focus mode switch allows you to quickly change from auto focus to manual.
* Lens Type : Wide Angle & Wide Angle Zoom
* Lens Mount Type : Sony A-mount
* Aperture : f/1/8
* Aperture (Max.) : f/1/8
* Aperture (Min.) : f/22
* Filter Diameter : 55 mm
* Lens Groups-Elements : 5 groups, 6 elements
* Minimum Focus Distance : 9.6" (0.23m)
* Distance Encoder : Yes
* Distance Scale : Yes
* Angle of View : 44° (APS-C)
* Aperture Blade : 7 aperture blades (circular)
* Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : 52.5mm
* Internal Motor : Yes (SAM)
* Maximum Magnification : x 0.25
Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA SEL-24F18Z (E Mount) -
$1079 - special order
This is the first Carl Zeiss lens to be released in the Sony E-mount lineup, employing the legendary “Sonnar” optical design for standout image dimensionality and presence. A spherical lenses located on either side of the aperture effectively compensate for distortion, while an ED element suppresses chromatic aberration. The overall result is excellent corner-to-corner sharpness even with the aperture wide open, for impressive overall resolution.