Updated July 19/2017
Thunderbolt Docks, Thunderbolt Expansion
Scroll down to see available options.
Akitio Thunder2 Dock - $259 - in stock
Akitio Thunderbolt dock links past, present and future technology
to your computer with just one Thunderbolt cable. The Thunder2
Dock allows you to access your data on both legacy and future
storage drives by providing multiple host ports for USB 3.0,
eSATA and FireWire 800. It also has two Thunderbolt 2 ports
for daisy chaining additional Thunderbolt devices and storage.
* Two Thunderbolt 2 ports for lightning fast speeds up to 20Gb/s
* Daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices
* Two eSATA host ports (up to 6Gb/s)
* One 7 watt bus-powered FireWire 800 host port
* Two bus-powered USB 3.0 host ports (supports UASP)
* Durable and rugged aluminum casing
* Supports 4K monitors and displays
OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock - $349 - in stock
(Comes with a 1m Thunderbolt cable)
12 Ports of phenomenal flexibility, all united to your Mac with just one lightning-fast Thunderbolt 2 cable. OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock is the new foundation for your perfect workspace. Awesome performance meets incredible connectivity, the OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock offers the ultimate in convenience and flexibility to streamline any workflow. With just one Thunderbolt cable, connect up to five USB 3.0 devices, Gigabit Ethernet, a FireWire device, HDMI, audio in, and audio out.
Capable of an astounding 20 Gbps of throughput, the OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock utilizes this phenomenal bandwidth to eliminate data bottlenecks, and effortlessly supports direct connection of up to ten devices, as well as daisy-chaining five additional Thunderbolt devices.
Configure the ultimate display setup to meet the needs of your workflow. Add a dazzling ultra HD 4K display, two high definition displays, or one 4K display and one high definition display. Even connect a VGA, DVI, or DisplayPort monitor utilizing the Thunderbolt 2 Dock's built-in HDMI and Thunderbolt ports.
The Thunderbolt 2 Dock's side-mounted, high-powered USB 3.0 ports provide up to 1.5 amps of power and are perfect for charging iPhone, iPad, tablets, smartphones, and other USB-charged devices, as well as powering bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, or optical drives.
The OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock is the unmatched expansion platform for your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac, with exceptional connectivity, and dependable performance. Whether adding USB 3.0 to an older Mac, Gigabit Ethernet to a newer MacBook Pro, or ensuring backwards compatibility with your existing FireWire 800 peripherals, the Thunderbolt 2 Dock keeps you connected.
*Dual monitor support requires the use of at least one Thunderbolt display. DVI, VGA, DisplayPort, or other connection requires the use of a mini DisplayPort adapter.
Sonnet Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt Adapter -
$229 - in stock
(Thunderbolt cable not included) Can be used to read SxS Cards.
Sonnet’s Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt Adapter adds an ExpressCard/34 slot to any computer to which it’s connected, enabling you to use a wide variety of ExpressCard/34 cards to add a range of interfaces and capabilities to your system. Because these adapters support hot-swapping, you can select and change the ExpressCard to use as needed—they supports most Sonnet ExpressCard/34 cards (with a PCI Express interface), such as our FireWire interfaces, CompactFlash and SDXC card readers, select eSATA controllers, and interface cards for our Qio CF4 and Qio E3 pro media readers. They also support specialty adapters like RME’s HDSPe ExpressCard, plus interface cards for the AJA io Express and the Matrox MX02 family. Support for Sony SxS memory cards simply requires the installation of Sony’s SxS drivers. Set up for these Sonnet adapters is simple—just connect one directly to your computer or at the end of a Thunderbolt device chain with a Thunderbolt cable (not included)—that’s it. There’s no software to install and no power supply to plug in. Plug the ExpressCard/34 card or SxS memory card into the Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt Adapter as you would into a notebook computer’s ExpressCard slot, install software for the adapter if necessary, and you are ready to work.
Warranty - 1 Year.
HighPoint RocketStor 6328L Dual Thunderbolt 2 Adapter -
$499 - limited stock
8-Channel Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
Dual Thunderbolt 2 Ports
Capable of connecting to 2x eSATA Storage units via Mini-SAS to 4x eSATA cable (EXT-MS-1MEJ)
2x external Mini-SAS Ports (SFF-8088)
Supports up to 8 SATA HDDs or SSDs
Supports Mac OS X 10.8.6 & later / Windows 7 & later
Does not support LTO Tape devices
Note: Requires HighPoint - External Mini-SAS to 4x External
eSATA Cables (3.2') that are not included.
Sonnet Echo Express II PCIe Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis
Special order - usually takes under 1 week
- Connect Professional PCIe Cards—Use high-performance PCIe card with Thunderbolt-equipped computers.
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface—Maximum performance with computers with 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology, backward compatible with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology
- Two PCIe Slots—Support two half-length+ (up to 7.75" long), full-height, single-width cards
- Two Thunderbolt Ports—Daisy chain up to six devices to a single port on the host computer=
- Temperature-Controlled, Fan—Automatically operates slowly and quietly with cooler cards, provides better cooling for hot cards
- Energy Saver Mode—Powers on/off automatically with the computer
- Sufficient Power—80W power supply handles any combination of cards
- Aluminum Housing—Portable protection for any environment
- Warranty - 5 Years.
Sonnet Echo Express III-D Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe Card
Special order - usually takes up to a week to get in
- Use PCIe Expansion Cards with Computers Lacking Slots—Use high-performance PCIe cards with any Mac with a Thunderbolt port
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface—Maximum performance with computers with Thunderbolt 2 technology, backward compatible with host computers and other devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology.
- Three PCIe Slots—Supports three full-length, full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- Remarkably Quiet—Large, temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans that automatically cool the cards, plus computer-modeled design that reduces airflow turbulence and velocity, combine to provide quieter cooling for all cards
- Integrated Universal Power Supply—Built-in 300W power supply with 75W auxiliary power connector
- Rugged Aluminum Housing—Provides robust and secure protection for any environment
- Every Thunderbolt-Compatible Card Supported—Works with every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, regardless of length or height.
- Warranty - 5 years.
Find Sonnet USB 3 PCIe cards here