Updated Sept 11/20
RED Ranger Helium
RED RANGER Helium S35 8K - US $29,950 - special
order - takes about a week to get in
Must specific V-Mount or GOLD Mount - Ships with Shimmed PL Mount
GOLD Mount 710-0329
RED PROMO - Buy the Helium Ranger and get a FREE 960GB MiniMag! Offer ends Dec 31/20.
RED's RANGER is an all-in-one camera system that features an integrated and less complex platform for filmmakers. The standardized camera body weighs around 7.5 pounds (depending on battery), supports wide input voltage (11.5V to 32V), and boasts more independent SDI and AUX power outputs as well as an integrated XLR audio input. It also has a larger fan for quieter and more efficient temperature management.
Features like integrated I/O's, 24V power out, shimmed PL Mount and improved thermal performance give users peace of mind in any shooting environment. The camera will ship complete with necessary rigging and support for improved set-up time.
Integrated dual channel digital stereo microphones,
uncompressed, 24-bit 48 kHz
Integrated dual channel 5-pin XLR
with preamplifiers, uncompressed, 24-bit 48 kHz
3G-SDI (HD-SDI) and MON-1
1080p RGB or 4:2:2, 720p RGB or 4:2:2
SMPTE Timecode, HANC Metadata, 24-bit 48 kHz Audio
• RED RANGER BRAIN w/ Helium 8K S35 sensor
• Shimmed PL Mount and PL Mount Shim Pack
• Production Top Handle
• LCD/EVF Adaptor D
• RED RANGER AC Power Adaptor
• 3-Pin XLR-to-RED RANGER Power Cable (10’)
• Compatible Hex and Torx tools
• 2 Year Standard Warranty
LENS MOUNT - RANGER Helium ships with a Shimmed PL lens mount. Choose from Canon EF, Nikon, and Leica mounts. The lens mount is user-changeable, so you can also change your lens mount depending on the lenses you own, rent or buy.
MEDIA - You need RED MiniMag Media to record your footage, otherwise it will be pretty pointless to buy a camera.
HELIUM 8K SPECS
- 35.4 Megapixel CMOS Sensor, with effective pixels of 8192 x 4320. Sensor size is 29.90mm x 15.77mm, Diagonal 33.8mm
- Dynamic Range: 16.5 Stops
- Maximum Data Rates: 300 MB/s when using RED Mini Mag 480GB & 960 GB; 225 MB/s when using RED Mini Mag 120GB & 240GB
- Maximum Frame Rates: 60 fps at 8K Full Format (8192x4320); 75 fps at 8K 2.4:1 (8192x3456), 75 fps at 6K Full Format, 100 fps at 6K 2.4:1, 96 fps at 5K Full Format (5120x2700), 120 fps at 4K Full Format (4096x2160); 150 fps at 3K Full Format (3072 x 1620); 240 fps at 2K Full Format (2048 x 1080). NOTE: When shooting at resolutions less than 8K, the sensor "windows", so you don't get the full size of the sensor when shooting 2K, 3K, 4K or 6K. The image will be cropped.
- REDCode Compression Settings: 5:1 REDCode for 8K Full Format at 24 fps, 12:1 REDCode for 8K Full Format at 60 fps
- Playback Frame Rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 47.95, 48, 50, 59.94, 60 fps, all resolutions
- REDcode Raw Acquistion Formats: 8K Full Format (8192x4320): 2:1, 2.4:1, 16:9, 14:9, 8:9, 3:2, 6:5, 4:1, 8:1, and Anamorphic 2x, 1.3x, 1.25x (6K, 4K, 3K and 2K formats are also available at the same ratios, but the image will be "windowed" and cropped, so usually you don't shoot in anything other than 8K)
- Apple ProRes Formats:
4K (4096 x 2160): ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT up to 29.97 fps
2K (2048 x 1080): ProRes 4444 XQ, 4444, 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT up to 120 fps
- Avid Codecs:
4K (4096 x 2160): DNxHR HQX 12 bit, HQ, SQ and LB 8 bit, up to 29.97 fps
2K (2048 x 1080): DNxHR 444 12 bit, up to 120 fps
HD (1920x1080): DNxHD 444 and HQX 10 bit, HQ, SQ and LB 8 bit, up to 120 fps