Updated Nov 18/2017
Sony HXR-NX100 Full HD NXCAM Camcorder - $2129 - more in soon
Display model in store.
* Single 1" Exmor R CMOS Sensor
* 1920x1080 up to 60p
* Sony G Lens with 12x Optical Zoom
* 24x Clear Image Zoom, 48x Digital Zoom
* Discrete Manual Focus, Zoom, Iris Rings
* XAVC S, AVCHD 2.0, DV Recording Codecs
* Create & Share Picture Profiles
* Slow and Quick Motion Function
* Dual SD Memory Card Slots
* 2 x 3-Pin XLR Audio Inputs
The HXR-NX100 is an affordable, compact Full-HD camera capable of stunning results with a no-compromise big 1.0-type sensor, and a familiar, proven set of manual controls, including 3 independent manual lens rings, alongside smart fully auto options. The NX100 offers all the professional features you need in a robust yet compact chassis.
Thanks to the 1.0-type Exmor R CMOS sensor, the HXR-NX100 has much higher sensitivity than camcorders in its category. The 1.0 sensor is brighter, has higher resolution and offers more bokeh with a shallow depth of field than any other camcorder in its price range, allowing you to create beautiful, cinematic images that will amaze you and your clients.
NX100 offers a step-change in imaging performance while support for multiple recording format capabilities, including XAVC-S 50Mbps, AVCHD and DV file-based recording, delivers exceptional flexibility for all today’s Full HD workflows.
Sony developed a high quality, 29mm wide-angle G Lens specifically for the NX100 to capture even the most expansive scenes with superb clarity. A 12x optical zoom is dramatically enhanced with Sony’s unique By Pixel Super Resolution Technology – which can enlarge the image by additional 24x while still preserving image quality. Zoom performance can also be doubled at any point with Digital Extender offering a maximum zoom capability of 48x.
Professional features such as advanced manual controls, including three independent manual lens rings, built-in 4-step ND filters and class-leading Full-HD performance make the HXR-NX100 an ideal purchase for expert users looking for their first professional camcorder from Sony, who want to step-up from consumer models and low-end shoulder models or simply wish to make the move from tape media to high-speed solid state recording. The NX100 is the perfect, affordable but high performance choice for a wide range of shoots, including events and corporate videos.
* Stunning quality from a large 1.0 type sensor
The HXR-NX100’s single 20 megapixel*1 1.0 type Exmor R CMOS sensor is approximately the same size as a 16mm film frame and seven times larger than three 1/4.7 type sensors combined. The key benefit of this large size is low noise and less blur because more light reaches the sensor, offering clear and steady pictures even in a dark scene with minimum illumination 1.7 lux *2. The large sensor size also enables beautiful background defocusing (bokeh) to enable you to focus on what you want to show and defocus the rest of the image.
* Sony G Lens with maximum 48x zoom
A fixed 29 mm wide-angle lens with 12x optical zoom makes it easy to capture even the most expansive landscape scenes while also offering superb clarity and sharpness - maximising the performance of the NX100’s large 1.0 type sensor.
* The "G Lens" is Sony’s own camera lens family, designed and manufactured to the high standards of optical performance.
* In addition, your ability to get into close with the most distant scenes is aided by Sony’s advanced Clear Image Zoom feature. Once you’ve zoomed in at maximum 12x optical magnification, By Pixel Super Resolution Technology can enlarge the image by additional 200% while still preserving image quality. In addition, Zoom performance can be doubled at any point with a Digital Extender by up to 48x.
* Manual operability in professional handy design
The HXR-NX100 is ergonomically designed to provide a lightweight and easy-to-use shooting experience. Three manual, independent lens rings enables smooth, natural adjustment of focusing, zooming and iris control. It can also be used in full-auto mode or completely manual for maximum creative control. Manual dial and buttons on the side of the body allow swift and easy adjustment of IRIS (aperture), GAIN and shutter speed. The white balance is simple to adjust by colour temperature in convenient 100K steps.
* Built-in ND Filters
A built-in Neutral Density (ND) filter wheel includes positions for Clear, 1/4 (2 Stops), 1/16 (4 Stops), and 1/64 (6 Stops). This makes it easier to to get all the advantages of shallow depth of field even in exterior day shoots, with no need to worry about bringing along and fitting a separate filter.
* Multi-format recording with DV, AVCHD and 50Mbps XAVC S
The HXR-NX100 is designed to provide the absolute best performance for Full-HD productions, recording in AVCHD and DV to support proven legacy workflows, as well as the newer, more advanced XAVC S at 50Mbps.
* XAVC S offers stunning picture quality, but also workflow flexibility and storage efficiency. In XAVC S, the HXR-NX100 uses the MP4 file format, sampling at 50 Mbps, and is already supported by all the major non-linear editors (NLEs). Compared to AVCHD, XAVC S 50Mbps captures more details and less noise thanks to the higher bitrate.
* Depending on your region, separate models are available offering recording frame rates of 50p, 50i, 25p Full HD and 50i SD (PAL model), or 60p, 60i, 30p, 24p Full HD and 60i SD (NTSC model).
* Dual media slots for recording flexibility
To extend recording time and workflow flexibility, the NX100 is equipped with two memory card slots and is compatible with SDXC and SDHC cards as well as Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) and Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo.
* “RELAY” mode automatically switches recording from the first to the second memory card when the first is full, while “SIMUL” mode permits simultaneous recording to two memory cards (for example to create an immediate back-up version). The NX100’s two Start/Stop buttons on the handle grip, and camcorder body, can independently start and stop recording on different memory cards while recording in “SIMUL” mode.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX: Camera, NP-F770 Battery, Battery Charger BC-L1, AC Adapter, Wireless Remote, Large Eyecup, Lens Hood, Lens Cap, and USB Cable.
WARRANTY: Sony of Canada 1 Year parts & labour warranty.
Find accessories here